Thursday 18 August 2016

Fadika Returns Home on Shoulder High

Today, a hero returns home on shoulder high from the UK. Late  Moseray Fadika in the words of Jonathan Stager.
 DO THEY MISS Me (FADIKA)
  Do they miss me at home, do they miss me
It would be an assurance most dear
To know that this moment some loved one
Were saying, I wish he were here.

To feel that the group at the fireside
Were thinking of me as I roam,
Oh, Yes would the joy beyond measure
To know that they miss me at home
To know that they miss me at home.

When twilight approaches the season
That ever is sacred to song,
Does someone reflect my name
And sigh that I tary so long.

And is there a chord in the musick,
That’s missed when my voice is away,
And a chord in each heart that awaketh
Regret at my wearisome day
Regret at my wearisome day.

Do they set me a chair near the table
When evenings home pleasures are nigh,
When the candles are lit in the parlor,
And the stars in the calm azure sky.

And when the goodnights are repeated,
And lay them down to their sleep
Do they think of the absent and weep more
Or whisper goodnight while they sweep
Or whisper goodnight while they weep.

Do they miss me at home , do they miss me
At morning, at noon or at night
And linger one gloomy round them
That only my presence can light
And joys less invitingly welcome
And pleasures less hale than before
Because one is missing from the circle
Because I am with them no more.
Because I am with them no more.


No comments:

Post a Comment